With alcohol and other drugs forming such a central part of our day to day life, it’s not surprising that they have a significant impact on our workplaces. In accordance with The societal costs of alcohol misuse in Australia report, $6 billion dollars each year is the estimated cost of alcohol and other drugs to businesses – a significant proportion of which is attributable to lost productivity and sick days.
This workshop provides essential information regarding the impact of addictions on the workplace. Participants will develop a clear understanding of the harmful effects of substance and non-substance abuse and what strategies can be taken. This workshop helps to support workplace policy and develop a supportive culture that actively promotes the health and well-being of employees.
- Understand the prevalence of substance abuse in Australia and how it impacts the workplace.
- Develop an understanding of addiction and how it effects the brain.
- Recognise the different types of substance and non-substance abuse and their harmful effects.
- Understand the employer and employee legal responsibilities pertaining to substance abuse in the workplace.
- Understand what strategies are available to manage addictions in the workplace.
- Gain an understanding of the best ways to support someone struggling with an addiction in the workplace.
- Obtain details regarding what other support and resources are available (EAP, Human Resources etc.).
- Additional: Gain tips for developing a workplace drug and alcohol management policy.
Duration: available in 3-Hr, Half Day or Full Day options.