During this session, participants will learn the legal responsibilities surrounding equal opportunity in employment in Australia. This training helps to minimise discrimination and promote cultural understanding and diversity in the workplace.
- Identify the benefits of diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace.
- Understand why workplace decisions and actions should be based on merit, and not any protected attribute.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities in relation to equal opportunity in the workplace.
- Understand what constitutes and does not constitute unlawful discrimination in the workplace in Australia.
- Learn how to distinguish between direct and indirect discrimination in the workplace.
- Gain a list of resources & support available.
Please note this workshop can also be combined with Bullying & Harassment in a 2-Hr session.