An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides your business with the opportunity to reduce it’s people risks by providing confidential and effective solution-focused counselling to employees and their families. The aim is to improve productivity in the workplace by reducing the impact of factors such as absenteeism, excessive stress, presenteeism, anxiety, depression, and other symptoms that negatively affect the working environment.
Implementation of an Employee Assistance Program is likely to result in your business saving money in the long term. There is strong evidence that concludes the overall return on investment for a successful program is 5.74 times the company spend, measured by a reduction in absenteeism and increased productivity (Hargrave et al, 2008; Jorgensen, 2007).
The key benefits of an EAP program will enable you to prevent, identify, and resolve personal and work related issues before they negatively impact your workplace. This is through:
- Increased morale, now seen as an excellent employee benefit for employers of choice
- Improved productivity, due to the improvement in personal life distractions and issues
- Assisting managers to deal with those often tricky and complex employee issues and strategies
- Reduced workplace absenteeism
- Reduced WHS risks by having a proactive system in place for supporting your employees mental health.
Our EAP program inclusions:
- Short-term, solution-focused counselling for many different work or personal topics of support
- 24/7 access to crisis counselling with qualified Psychologists
- Access to Legal Referral for employees on simple legal matters (not against your company)
- Access to qualified financial coaches to assist people to learn how to manage their finances better; this service does not give financial advice about investments, etc.
- Access to a highly qualified Dietician to assist with diet queries and general dieting tips to suit the individual
- Access to email and live chat counselling, allowing employees to connect immediately whenever and wherever they are needing support
- Manager Hotline, a service that allows managers to call us 24/7 and ask us a question about managing a difficult employee or situation at work. This gives managers immediate peace of mind about their decisions and next best steps to take
- Critical Incidents; we provide incident management, triage, response, and recommendations as part of the service. The only time you pay extra is if we go onto site after an incident. We also provide 24 hrs/7days and 30 day follow up advice (all included)
- Monthly and Quarterly Reporting, provided de-identified to give you an idea of the sorts of issues employees are seeking help for. This report also shows industry benchmarking, so you can see how your company compares to other similar organisations
- Promotional materials, including brochures, wallet cards, posters, and intranet graphics
- Monthly mail outs to your HR team on Wellbeing. We also give tips on certain special days across the year in terms of supporting them at work, e.g., mental health week, r u ok day, etc.
- Online login portal for employees to access materials and tip sheets on many areas of wellbeing and mental health.