An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides your business with the opportunity to reduce it’s people risks by providing confidential and effective solution-focused counselling to employees and their families. The aim is to improve productivity in the workplace by reducing the incidence of absenteeism and the affects of stress, presenteeism, anxiety, depression and other symptoms that negatively impact the working environment and place pressure on people in human resources roles.
Our imperative is to provide a service to your business that saves you money in the long term. There is strong evidence that concludes the overall return on investment of a good EAP program is 5.74 times the company spend measured by a reduction in absenteeism and increased productivity (Hargrave et al, 2008; Jorgensen, 2007)
The Key Benefits of an EAP program will enable you to prevent, identify and resolve personal and work related issues before they negatively impact your workplace:
- Increased morale, now seen as an excellent employee benefit for employers of choice
- Improved productivity due to the improvement in personal life distractions and issues
- Assisting managers to deal with those often tricky and complex employee issues and strategies
- Reduced workplace absenteeism
- Reduced WHS risks by having a proactive system in place for supporting your employees mental health.
Our program also provides short solution focused financial counselling assistance for when employees really need some professional assistance with their financial situation by accredited Financial Counsellors along with Legal Advice for simple legal matters.
Our EAP program Inclusions:
- Short term solution focussed counselling for many different work or personal topics of support.
- 24/7 Access to crisis counselling with qualified Psychologists.
- Access to Legal Advice for employees on simple legal matters (not against your company).
- Access to qualified financial counsellors to assist people to learn how to manage their finances better, ie budgeting etc. This service does not give financial advice about investments etc.
- Access to a highly qualified Dietician as part of the EAP to assist with diet queries and general dieting tips to suit the individual.
- Access to Easy Talk text, email and Chat counselling – This allows employees to simply text to a special mobile that connects people immediately with a Psychologist ( Text counselling may not suit all counselling concerns). The most important thing about text counselling is it allows people to connect, quickly and immediately, where they are.
- Manager Hotline – Modern work is challenging for managers, this service allows managers to call us 24/7 to at anytime ask us a question about managing a difficult employee or situation at work. This gives managers immediate peace of mind about their decisions and next best steps to take.
- Critical Incidents – We provide incident management, triage, response and recommendations as part of the service. The only time you pay extra is if we go onto site after an incident. We also provide 24 hrs/7days and 30 day follow up advice all included.
- Monthly and Quarterly Reporting – This powerful reporting is provided de-identified to give you an idea of the sorts of issues employees are seeking help for. This report also shows industry benchmarking so you can see how your company compares to other similar organisations.
- Unlimited Materials – Brochures, wallet cards. Posters, intranet jpegs.
- Monthly send outs to your HR team on Well Being and we give tips on certain special days across the year in terms of supporting them at work ie mental health week, r u ok day etc
- Online login portal for employees to access materials and tip sheets on many areas of well – being and mental health.