Acacia EAP is a boutique specialist provider of EAP services in Australia and New Zealand. We truly care about your people and the quality of counselling that they receive, unlike some of the larger firms who are transaction focused and commoditising the service. Acacia EAP recognises the importance of a high-quality counselling service and its benefits for your employees. The benefits of counselling will not only be reflected at work but in their home life and your employees local communities.
Sexual Assault and Domestic & Family Violence Support (SADFV)
Acacia EAP for 2019 have rolled out an additional support service [due to demand] specific to those who may have experienced or are experiencing sexual assault and Domestic/Family Violence. We urge anyone with any of these concerns to reach out and access Acacia EAP anytime to receive support.
The statistics around DFV are both confronting but also compelling. Here is an excerpt from the recent Fair Work Commission decision report into DFV Unpaid Leave March 2018:
“One in four women in Australia have experienced family and domestic violence (almost 2.2 million women). Domestic and intimate partner homicides represent the highest proportion of any category of homicides in Australia. At least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner. Family and domestic violence is the leading contributor to death, disability and ill-health among Australian women aged between 15 and 44. Such violence not only affects those who suffer it, but the children who are exposed to it, extended families, friends and work colleagues. It is an issue that impacts on workplaces and which requires specific action.”
Acacia EAP has engaged leading SADFV specialists to assist our company clients on how they can support and take action for employees who present as victims of SADFV at the workplace. Our SADFV support services include:
- to HR/ senior management reviewing your current People Policies in line with best practice
- a layered strategy for the workplace to assist with workplace DFV risk assessment;
- specialised SADFV phone support for the manager [Manager’s Hotline DFV];
- specific SADFV support for the individual employee and their families;
- SADFV safety plans
- for managers and employees on what to do, warning signs, and how to help when an employee presents with SADFV in the workplace.
If you would like further information about the SADFV Support services, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Mediations And Investigation
Acacia Connections is the first EAP provider to partner with a national Mediation and Investigation specialist provider – Evolve Workplaces – www.evolveworkplaces.com. Most EAP providers use Psychologists for mediations who are not trained or registered in proper mediation techniques, this would be like a trained mediator attempting to do EAP counselling. Conflict is a specialist area so we have chosen Australia’s best specialist firm to be our partner nationally for all Mediations and Investigations. This ensures all mediations for your different locations across the country are delivered in exactly the same way, no matter where they are held. This will give you peace of mind about consistency of method and outcomes. We felt that having a professional expert firm we can partner with to assist you manage conflict was the best way for us to focus on what we do best, running a top quality EAP program.
Change in modern organisations is inevitable. In today’s world of skill shortages where your current employees may be needed again the future, a high-quality outplacement program is crucial to protect brand image and assist your people to find suitable work quickly. Our Outplacement program is the most comprehensive in the country. We provide unlimited support during the programs duration in the following areas:
- EAP support
- Financial counselling around budgeting and redundancy payout management
- Copywriters and Personal Marketers to help you present your resume/cover letter and Linked in profile in the best possible light to get noticed
- Vocational coaches to help you through career change choices, career direction and job search ideas
We also offer a comprehensive preparing for Retirement option for people transitioning to retirement, which can be a really difficult time.
Employee Turnover Management – Exit Interviews
Externally conducted exit interviews can be a powerful tool for your organisation. We often hear HR people say, ‘we never seem to get the real reasons people are leaving us”. By utilising Acacia Connection to conduct exit interview you will get to the root of the reasons people leave. With employee replacement costs at about 150% its extremely valuable to establish the reasons people are leaving your employment. Our carefully constructed processes will get you the best feedback from exiting employees. If you use us regularly we can also show you trend reporting to help you identify the particular job areas to improve upon inside your business to ensure your turnover decreases.
According to Shiva Rajgopal, an accounting professor at Columbia Business School, many studies have looked at corporate culture but few have attempted to quantify how executives view its effect on companies’ productivity, creativity, value and growth rates. Rajgopal teamed up with three co-authors from Duke’s Fuqua School of Business and surveyed more than 1,400 North American CEOs and CFOs over 13 months, ending in October 2015. Overwhelmingly, the executives said that healthy corporate culture is essential for a company to thrive.
Almost all respondents agreed that corporate culture, however it is defined, makes a difference in companies’ performance and value. Among the findings:
- More than 90% said that culture was important at their firms.
- 92% said they believed improving their firm’s corporate culture would improve the value of the company.
- More than 50% said corporate culture influences productivity, creativity, profitability, firm value and growth rates.
- Only 15% said their firm’s corporate culture was where it needed to be.
- 70% agreed that Leadership needs to spend more time to develop the culture.
- 46% said they wouldn’t go through with a deal if they found that an acquisition target had a corporate culture that was not aligned with their own firms’ culture
Acacia Connection has partnered with Integro Learning company and use their Passion Survey culture survey. Unlike other engagement surveys the Passion Survey follow up has us working alongside your leaders to develop solutions to the Passion Survey report, not just delivering you with a glossy mountain of pages of feedback. The Passion Survey is easy to understand and use and you can benchmark your results against many hundreds of Australian companies.
Integro Leadership has conducted research into employee engagement, and has found that a large majority of employees are passionate overall – either about the organisation and/or the job. But of these employees, only roughly half are passionate about the organization. This gap – the passion deficit – underlines the hidden emotional disconnect among otherwise engaged employees.
The passion deficit highlights how even top performers can feel disconnected from their employer and may look for other options. Outstanding organizations realize the invaluable contributions that result from employee engagement. Passionate employees are focused, engaged and committed to doing their best in everything they do. As a result, they deliver exceptional value to your customers, whether they are external or internal.
Passion contributes more towards value creation than any other human capability*. The primary purpose of your organization is to deliver value to your customers through your products and services. The more passionate your employees are the more value you will deliver – value your competitors cannot match. The Employee (Employee Engagement) Passion Survey shows you how passionate your employees really are. The survey measures employee passion on two levels:
- Passion for the job: the degree to which employees are emotionally connected to their work and are committed to doing their best.
- Passion for the organization: the degree to which employees are emotionally connected to the purpose, values and vision of the organization and its leaders.
* research from Gary Hamel, The Future of Management
What Does The Survey Do?
- Shows you in detail how well your organization is doing at creating a passionate team
- Clearly Highlights the various strengths and weaknesses, enabling you to pinpoint problem areas and create initiatives to address the problems
- Creates a benchmark for you to be able to measure the impact of your initiatives on employee passion levels through further surveys and before/after comparison of results
- Provides the bedrock of data for tailored leadership development, team development, customer service, and other training programs
Mood Check Survey
Quite often our clients ask us, how can we measure our employees satisfaction on an ongoing basis without spending many thousands running engagement surveys. Acacia Connection has had our Clinical Psychologists come up with a tool to do this on a regular ongoing basis to conduct a “check in” on employee wellness across measures in areas such as Cognitions, Work Context, Emotional, Physical and Outcomes. This mood check is quick, cost effective and you receive your report within 7 days of it closing, so you can act quickly and respond to what your people are saying.
From our EAP presenting issues experience we know that Leadership in Australia needs improvement. People are often promoted early due to their strong technical ability, however are not skilled in managing people or teams, a key part of leadership. Acacia Connection has developed 15 unique leadership training Modules to deliver to your team over short or long periods. Please contact us for an info package.